Wednesday 16 February 2011

Tech Help for Parents: Let's Get Started!

Hello fellow parents,

In this blog I will endeaver to put my IT and mommy experience to good use!  Technology is a little bit scary these days and there are many dangers for our little ones.  A small oversight can turn into something terrible down the road.  Add to that the fact that the internet is available on gaming consoles, handheld gaming systems, and cell phones and it would seem that we've completely lost any control over our children's exposure.  Now I don't want this introductory note to be too negative or scary so rest assured, there are some simple steps that parents can take to protect our children.  We'll take it one step at a time.
I will take on topics such as:
  • home computer basics
  • age appropriate parental controls
  • account and password management
  • social networking for children
  • safe email accounts for children
  • and so much more!
So, feel free to leave me a comment about what you'd like to see covered here and check back often.  The more it seems people are finding this helpful, the more often I'll likely post.
See you soon!

IT Mommy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment